Welcome to your GP Practice website
At Market Weighton Practice, we strive to deliver exceptional, patient-focused healthcare to Market Weighton and its neighbouring areas. Our commitment is to attend to all patients promptly and respectfully, ensuring dignity in every interaction.
Our devoted team specialises in addressing minor ailments and managing long-term conditions through a variety of healthcare clinics. With our convenient online services, you can you can easily make requests for repeat prescriptions or cancel appointments.
The GP Practice is open Monday to Friday between 8:00am and 6pm. Telephone: 01430 875353
If you find yourself in need of medical support outside of our opening hours, we recommend reaching out to NHS 111 who are available 24/7 to provide expert advice, direct you to the appropriate services and address any urgent medical concerns. You can reach them by simply dialling 111. In the case of a medical emergency, please call 999 immediately.
New Total Triage System
Market Weighton Practice has launched a new ‘Total Triage’ system, which allows you as the patient to navigate your way to the most appropriate care without the need to phone the practice. Find out more about the new system here.
The practice will be closing on the following dates and times, to ensure protected time for learning events.
There will be a 12pm practice closure, with a re-opening time at 8am the following working day.
- Afternoon of Thursday 14thMarch 2024
- Afternoon of Wednesday 24th April 2024
- Afternoon of Thursday 23rd May 2024
- Afternoon of Wednesday 19th June 2024
- Afternoon of Thursday 17th October 2024
- Afternoon of Tuesday 19th November 2024
- Afternoon of Thursday 13th March 2025
Check Your Symptoms
NHS services across the North East & Yorkshire region are experiencing extremely high demand at the moment – this includes GP practices and the 111 service which are both extremely busy
- If you need advice for a minor/mild illness or injury, in the first instance, please either contact your local pharmacy for help or look at the self-care advice that’s available on-line from the NHS at nhs.uk
- If you want to check your symptoms, there is an on-line symptom checker available at 111.nhs.uk, which will re-direct you to a health professional if you need to be consulted by someone
Meet and Greet Volunteer Role
Humber Teaching NHS Foundation Trust Volunteers provide essential support to all Trust services, both clinical and non-clinical in multiple roles, focusing on Prevention, Recovery and Wellbeing. The Trust recognises and values the unique contribution volunteers make towards improving the patient experience and complementing the services provided by the trust.
Meet and Greet volunteers are responsible for welcoming visitors/patients to the Clinic, ensuring a covid safe check-in is completed, and helping to direct people to/from the waiting area.
For more information or to apply, visit here.
Thursday: 6pm-8pm - Enhanced Access appointments only
Weekends / Bank Holidays: CLOSED
Market Weighton Practice,
10 Medforth Street,